Thursday, October 31, 2013

Almost November..

Although I don’t mind Halloween I am always glad to see the back of it.  And I hate seeing Halloween decorations in  yards in November just as I don’t like seeing Christmas decorations in January.

It has rained steadily here for the second day in a row now with some impressive 2 – 3 inch totals.  We had a thunderstorm last night.  My daughter lost power from 7PM to 4AM this morning.  Thankfully my power didn’t go out.

Not knowing what to do on such a depressing day my daughter and I went to Costco.  I bought a few Christmas presents and my daughter stocked up on some things.

I have an appointment with the ophthalmologist tomorrow morning which is about 6 months overdue because of the treatment I had for cancer last summer.

I seem to be improving a little bit each day.  I can chew better and I am tasting the food more now.  My right cheek and the right half of my neck is still numb.  I was told by the ENT surgeon that I could expect that for the next 1 – 2 years.  I am living with this.  I am just so thankful to be alive.

Saturday is the Holiday Christmas Craft Show at the hospital.  This will be my 4th Christmas here to go to this.  They always have the most beautiful handmade Christmas decorations there.

I hope you all have a Blessed weekend.  Stay safe and be happy!

Beth

6 comments:

  1. Looks like you redid your page, unless this is a different blog than I usually read. Anyway, I like it. So glad you are improving, nothing like tasteless food. Have fun at the craft sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth, Pleased to hear your health is continuing to improve. Have a great weekend - Hugs Nita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know you are feeling better and will continue to improve from day to day. Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Beth, we are thankful you are alive too. I hope you keep getting better and better every day. I love those craft fair type things. Can't handle going to them anymore, but I used to attend tons of them at this time of the year. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to know that you are feeling better, Beth. I hope you have a wonderful time during these special months, hopefully of joy and love. God bless you and speed your recovery. Bertie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love going where you two went and by the way, I think we spoke of it on the phone..I think it was you but back in the ice age when I was a little girl, the lights were strum across the main street zig zag, one week before Christmas! Halloween stuff was gone the very next day.

    ReplyDelete

I am happy that you visited me and I would love a comment from you. I mean for this blog to be taken seriously and your input will be greatly appreciated.