The following is my post from late April 2006 published on Windows Live Spaces.
- Anger is a condition in which the tongue works faster than the mind.
- You can’t change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying over the future.
- Love…and you shall be loved.
- All people smile in the same language.
- A hug is a great gift…one size fits all. It can be given for any occasion and it’s easy to exchange.
- Everyone needs to be loved…especially when they don’t deserve it.
- The real measure of a man’s wealth is what he has invested in eternity.
- Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.
- It’s important for parents to live the same things they teach.
- If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries of tomorrow, you have nothing today to be thankful for.
- Happy memories never wear out…relive them as often as you want.
- Home is the place where we grumble the most, but are often treated the best.
- The choice you make today will usually affect tomorrow.
- Take time to laugh for it is the music of the soul.
- If anyone speaks badly of you, live so no one will believe it.
- Patience is the ability to idle your motor when you feel like stripping your gears.
- Love is strengthened by working through conflicts together.
- The best thing parents can do for their children is to love each other.
- Harsh words break no bones but they do break hearts.
- To get out of a difficulty, one usually must go through it.
- We take for granted the things we should be giving thanks for.
- Love is the only thing that can be divided without being diminished.
- Happiness is enhanced by others but does not depend upon others.
- You are richer today if you have laughed, given or forgiven.
- For every minute you are angry with someone, you lose 60 seconds of happiness that you can never get back.
- Do what you can, for who you can, with what you have, and where you are.
- The best gifts to give:
To your friends – loyalty
To your enemy – forgiveness
To a child – a good example
To all men and women – charity
This one is my favorite. “If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries of tomorrow, you have nothing today to be thankful for. “
I have so many things to be thankful for! beth