Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Time for an update….

I can’t believe that today marks the 6 week anniversary of when I finished the radiation treatments.  I am improving although much too slowly for my liking.  I started therapy for the winged scapula right after I finished radiation.  I have 2 more of those treatments left.

I am still having difficulty eating.  I can manage a few things like soft scrambled eggs and soups in the blender plus Jell-O and pudding.  My mouth is still very sore.  I have dreams of sitting down at Red Lobster and having a gigantic serving of breaded shrimp with red sauce and ranch dressing.  I am also longing for some French fries with cheese sauce.  I keep trying and trying but the chewing and swallowing is still difficult.

My ENT surgeon retired at age 60 in December.  Imagine being able to retire at age 60 with no financial worries.  I really liked him, he was a great guy and I had a lot of faith in him.  I will be seeing his replacement on 23 January.  I think I will like him too.  He is young and good looking so that always helps.  LOL!!

I have a Pet Scan scheduled for 23 February and I see my oncologist on 26 February for the results.

I keep wanting to start blogging again, I just don’t have the energy or the want to yet, but the time will come.  Thank you to all of you that have sent me emails and keep me in your thoughts and prayers.  Bless you all!

Beth

4 comments:

  1. The Lord bless and keep you. Every day and night. If you know Him, He will. xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just mentioned you on my blog yesterday and there your up today. As I would check in since last and wonder how your doing.

    Thank you for updates. I am thanking the Lord for blessings in your recovery Beth.
    Love ya.

    Carol Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is wonderful to see this post from you, Beth. My thoughts and prayers continue for you! Sending love and hugs! Nellie

    ReplyDelete

I am happy that you visited me and I would love a comment from you. I mean for this blog to be taken seriously and your input will be greatly appreciated.